List of machinery used in the extraction of lemongrass oil is;
- Evaporator vessel
- Florentine flask
- Steam boiler
- Pump (condensate)
- Pump (cooling water)
- Cooling tower
Purification of oil
The insoluble particles present in the lemongrass oil are removed by a simple filtration process after mixing it with anhydrous sodium sulfate and keeping it overnight or for 4 to 5 hours. In case the color of the lemongrass oil changes due to rusting then it should be cleaned by steam rectification process.
Storage and Packing of Oil
The lemongrass oil can be stored in containers made up of stainless steel or aluminum or galvanized iron, depending upon the quantity of oil to be stored. The oil must be filled up to the brim and the containers should be kept away from direct heat and sunlight in cool or shaded places.
Lemongrass oil benefits:
Some of the benefits of lemongrass oil are mentioned below;
- Aromatic Use: lemongrass oil used as part of your aromatherapy session, it will induce a feeling of positivity and motivation. However, you should know that you can use its scent to repel insects.
- Topical Use: Dilute the lemongrass oil and rub it on your skin before you go outside this may protect you from free radicals. What is more, you can apply topically after a hard workout to muscle relaxation and quicker recovery.
- Lemongrass or lemongrass oil is used as a natural remedy to heal wounds and help prevent infection.
- Muscles and tendons that tighten up can be eased with lemongrass oil. The oil will help develop blood circulation and provide immediate pain relief by soothing muscle spasms. Backaches, muscle knots, pulled muscles, and sprains can be alleviated after rubbing the problem areas with diluted lemongrass oil because of the active anti-inflammatory agents it contains.
- Lemongrass oil helps reduce pain in muscles and joints, pain resulting from viral infections, and soreness caused by exercise.
- Lemongrass oil is a natural antiseptic and astringent. It acts as a skin tone and can help keep hair and nails healthy and glowing. For overall hair and skincare, add a few drops to shampoo and lotion. To relieve an itchy scalp and help decrease hair loss, massage a few diluted drops onto your scalp for a few minutes, leave it on for half an hour, and rinse off. It will leave hair looking shiny and smelling fresh.